Week 11

“So rend your heart and not your garments; Return to the Lord your God for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness; An He relents from doing harm.” Joel 2:13

God is great in power and strength, but He is also good. In our language there seems to be a contrast between the two words great and good. That one is better than the other. If God is never changing and He is both of these, then there can be no fault in His character. A God like this is only worthy of all our praise and adoration. Why then, do I still find myself only giving God half of my heart, half of my praise, and half expectant prayers. My desire is for more of His heart, but my unwillingness to give mine has come between fully receiving what God has for me. Many times I find myself in frustration because of this pattern of wanting change and it not coming to pass. If all I can see in my life right now is God’s heart, then I must learn to be content in His timing. 


Application: Keep praying for God’s heart to change mine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog