Week 19
Psalm 27:13-14: “I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!”


We know that all things work together for good to those who love God. For each heart that loves, God has set a purpose. I’ve heard a lot that our culture is one of the most impatient and there is good reason for that. We have everything we want almost instantly; no need to wait anymore. But I think one of the greatest lessons I’ve learned to let got year down my pride. I always thought I obtained godly characteristics, but I know I always fall short of those expectations. God has always had a plan and when I can’t see the blueprint clearly I freak and complain. It’s always refreshing to have vulnerable time with the Lord and say, “Lord I want to trust you, but I don’t. Help me to surrender my doubt.” Just by being honest with ourselves before the Lord, I realize it’s fine to not have all the answers. Following Him is so simple, yet I complicate His will by adding my own doubt. Each day is a step forward in obedience. Eventually this will lead me to the promises He has given. Every day I’ve decided to give up; give up my plans, desires, emotions. I’m not perfect, but keeping His promise and commandments at the forefront of my mind always brings me back to where I should be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog