Week 22
Hosea 2:14 “Therefore, behold, I will allure her into the wilderness and speak comfort to her.”

My grandmother always told me that everything is only for a season. We go through seasons of mountain-tops, valleys, deep waters, and even wilderness. Reading through Exodus we can see how God took His people out of bondage and drew them to Himself. Although they frequently disobeyed, He was still with them, always guiding. Every year we take a camping trip and my favorite part of nature is to sit by the river and listen. So many times we can debate, fight and reason in our minds that it all becomes to loud to hear God’s still voice whispering to us. He is taking us out of that place that is distant from God and drawing us near to Him. It’s in the wilderness that I can be still and listen. Everything becomes clear. This is probably one of the most challenging aspect of my generation, with many different voices, technology and social media feeding us with opinions and false truths. I find how important it truly is to come to a quiet place and just listen. There we will find rest, refreshment, and His promise, to never leave us in the wilderness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog