Week 2

Mark 4:39-40 "And He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. But He said to them, "Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?"

Lately it feels as if I was walking through a storm. One I had not experienced in a while. There are currently a lot of changes going on in my life at the moment. I like change. But the enemy does not. I know that the direction in which things are moving are certainly an answered prayer. The circumstances in which they come may not have been my own plans, but I know that God changes paths for our own benefit. In light of these changes, is the truth that the enemy will attack in whatever way he can. Jesus and the disciples were crossing the sea; they were stretching out to proclaim souls to Christ. But on the way, they were met with a storm. This storm brought panic, fear and disbelief. This is exactly the distraction that satan wants us to turn to. Each day has felt being tossed to and fro in the waves. I remember that God's word to me "That we will make it to the other side", is my  anchor. But I would be lying if I said at times there weren't moments that I thought I would drown. I prayed for God to show Himself to me during those times. And He was faithful to answer. He said "Where is your faith?". Sometimes I pray for certain things and reject them when God delivers. In this case, I am thankful He allowed me to experience this testing that is building character, trust and faith. He is still with me; He will come at the cry of my voice.

Application: When I am down hearted in spirit I will share with my roommates and ask for pray that we may share in this testing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog