Week 7

2 Corinthians 9:8 
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

From a young age, I would have considered myself independent. I knew how to care for myself and my young brother. In class I taught myself and was the most excelled. This continued as I grew older. I saw myself as someone who was capable of doing whatever it was that I wanted. I always got what I wanted because there was no one in my life to tell me ‘no’. As I’ve grown, I have understood that sometimes no is it’s what’s best. But what I am currently learning is that only God can say no. I have a hard time accepting blessing from others especially when I know that I don’t deserve it. They say it is much easier to give than to receive and that is the truth! I would much rather give up my own to bless another. Lately I have been finding that it’s okay to let to tables turn. I still struggle with accepting God’s blessing in my life, especially when you can see the brokenness in people around you. However, we are all serving the same God. Perhaps He has placed certain people on each’s heart, that we may be a vessel according to the way God sees fit. I remember one instance when I was 16 years old, I was volunteering in the church kitchen. And as I was trying to help, the opportunity was taken away from me by another. In my frustration, I went to find comfort in my friend. And as I began to vent, I remember saying “Don’t take away another’s blessing by trying to be one yourself.” That’s a hard pill to swallow today. Although we should lift each other’s arms, I would never try to quench what the Spirit has in store for another and for myself.


Application: This week I will ask others how I may help or assist them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog