Week 6

John 3:30 “He must increase, but I must decrease.”

This week I had my wisdom teeth removed. As I sat in bed most days I was left to thinking about the past month I’ve had in Guatemala. I began to reason with God why I was born into a free country, and why I had the opportunities in which I posses. So many days can go by just living a comfortable life before I realize where I’m actually living. Antigua, as many know is a very beautiful, tourist town. But if you take a closer look, you begin to see the people. The eyes who go unnoticed by hard labor and fear. How many times I let them go by without giving Jesus an opportunity to speak to them. Many will ask for material items such as money or clothes, but we know that the everlasting is salvation. I could never continue to reach the people here if I don’t live a life fully surrendered. And the only effective way to destroy the flesh is to die by the cross. My hope is that I never take the people here and this opportunity for granted. I hope to continue seeking and exposing where my true treasure lies and put Jesus back on the throne of my heart. May I be willing to make the choice to surrender at every testing point and rejoice! Forgive me for making surrender a sacrifice instead of obedience when it’s all You deserve anyways.


Application: Every morning before I start my day I will pray for am emptying of myself and a fresh outpouring of His Holy Spirit. I will do this by placing a reminder in my closet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog