Week 5 Day 5; Obedience
Hebrews 13:17 Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable to you.
Being in Ignite has been such a blessing to me through all the staff who give up their time and rights to serve us. With that, we should be respectful and listen to what they have to say. This verse has reminded about what Austin talked about eariler this week about being a liability versus an asset. We signed up fot this program to surrender our rights and privleges because we wanted to see change. If we continue to walk in our own ways because we think we know better, we're only hurting ourselves. We're wasting their time and effort when their just trying to bless us and help us seek the Lord. Who wouldn't want that? So many times I have found myself becoming overwhelmed by the amount of things I need to do that I just end up not getting anything done. If I would just learn to be obedient and do what I'm supposed to without procrastintation, I would be getting so much more out of my devotional life while being obedient to my authority and to God.
Application: This following week, I will do my homework right after dinner so I can enjoy fellowship with those around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog