Week 11 Day 5; Discipline
1 Peter 4:7 "But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers."
I think as humans we become so accustomed to everyday life that we forget everyday is God's grace upon our lives. When we visted Xela, I will never forget the words of advice we recieved, "Talk to people as if there was no tomorrow for them. How would you feel if they died without ever knowing the gosepl?". I've heard this said almost all my life, but in that moment it finally clicked. I never understood that the kepy to salvation are simple tools in my hand. I always chose scissors and tape instead of the shovel and hammer. While these are all good tools, I never saw people as I had the right to dig into their personal lives. Everytime I tried I would get shut down, and if God wanted them in His kingdom He would make a way right? Wrong. We are to pave the way Jesus. We get the privelage to get down and dirty to make a path. I never wanted to tell people about Jesus because I always made it about me. When I finally realized that it's not at all about me, that I can't save people, I'm simply a paver, the tools in my hand became a joy instead of a burden. I get to take part in what God wants to do in others lives because in the end, it's not about what I can do for me but instead of what I can do for His eternal kingdom.
Application: Today I will go back and look at all the names of people I met from Pana/Xela and continue to pray for them all day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog