Week 11 day 1; Discipline
1 Timothy 4:8 " For bodily exercise profits for a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promises of the life that now is and of that which is to come."
At the beginning of our time in IGNITE, a fellow intern and I decided to start running three times a week. At first it was difficult to keep endurance, but as we kept it up I wass able to go furtherbthan before. I relate this a lot to my Christian walk. When I started out, being in the word of God was hard. It became something I would do when I wanted to feel good about myself. As I came through IGNITE, I was encouraged to rise early and truly spend time in the word. This came at a cost; I was never an early riser. God had to take the time to discipline me early in the morning. Soon enough, rising early wasn't a struggle anyme. If anything, I looked forward to it. Running was a great outlet for me to rise even earlier than I would have before. It taught me that I had to draw my strength from the Lord. Although nothing could have prepared me for Agua, meditating on the Lord in morning did prepare me menatily.
Application: Reflect on the lessons God taught me through running and write them down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog