Week 10 Day 5; Sacrifice
Philipians 3:12-13 "Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have appreheneded; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead."
We present ourselves as living sacrifices. We sacrifice our pride in knowing we are not perfect. We sacrifice our lives for the future things. Putting our past behind us and reaching for something greater is anything but easy. We lay down our own feelings and plans to seek something deeper. But in the end, I'm reminded that our burden is light. We don't have to carry the burden of always have a plan, or to know what God is doing. For some, it's harder to lay that control down and to be willing to go where God has called them to. But for me, it's the patience of attaining those things. I look forward to what my life will be like in a year from now, when I dont even know what the rest of the day holds. God still wants to work in me today as much as He wants to in a year from now. I must remember to be faithful to what God has put before me today.
Application: Write down three future desires and ask God to give me a heart to lay them down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog