Week 10 Day 2; Sacrifice
Phillipians 3:9 "And be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith."
Our freedom is not free. It came at a cost; a sacrifice through Jesus Christ. Through the greatest sacrifice I can recieve freedom and righteousness. Something that I will never be able to understand is the amount of ignorance I can fall into. There are many men and women who sacrifice their lives daily to protect their country. Most don't even know why other than the fact they love the people at home. We can send as many people we like to the front lines to protect us today, but only One could save us from eternal damnation. This is a gift we by no means deserve and so many times I am ignorant of this freedom. When street evanglelising in Xela, Hassan, our translator, told me this "We can pray for people all we want but we need to go deeper and get straight to the point. Do you care if these people die today wihtout them knowing the gospel?" Those words rung loudly in my heart and finally my I could put faith to my freedom. And yes, we saw lives changed. I become comfortable in freedom and don't want to move much. I see a picture of myself standing in a jail cell wih the door open. I could come and go freely, but God called me to walk in freedom and in righteousness. He called me out of the jail cell to speak boldly of salvation through the sacrifice of the Lamb.
Application: This week I will pray every morning and night for those we met in Xela and Panajechal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog