Week 4 Day 4; Contentment
Phil 4:11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content.
This is the ultimate encoragement for contentment. There are many times in my day that I am discontent, or many seasons that I am needy. I have learned recently how prideful I am, and I think that I can supply my own needs. This is obviously wrong. Jesus has paid the price that we may abundance of whatever we need. And if we don't have it, it's because either God doesn't see it fit in your life or because it's a matter of waiting upon the Lord. In each circumstance, we are given what we need. So many times I find myself telling God what I need out of my own selfish desires. I argue wiht God when He gives me something I didn't want, but in the end I always see how it was used for His good. It's important to praise God on the mountain and in the valley. Because if we are truly followers of Christ, there will come a time for both.
Application: Write down one time I wasn't content in what God was doing, but how He used it for good and share it with someone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog