Week 4 Day 3; Contentment
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Our hearts shouldn't be one that beats for anything other than Jesus. We owe everything because of the cross, yet we still can hold on to our dues. There are plenty of things people, including myself refuse to give up. We hold on to our own desires, then become jealous when God is doing something great in another's life. Each can experience the same if only we would let go of our foolish ambitions and dreams. Everything we have is a good and perfect gift from God; so why don't we accept what He has given? Especially the gift of the Holy Spirit that came upon us when Jesus died on the cross. God's greatest sacrifice was our greatest gain. He will never leave us for anything He doesn't think is best for us; even the things that seem hard to overcome. Not only does He give what's best for us, but He promises to always be with us when the going gets tough. I know I can always rely on Jesus to be my comfort when I'm facing things I'm not neccessarily content with. But if Jesus has given all that's good, I can trust in Him to be everything I need.
Application: Write three things I am thankful for and pray for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog