Week 3 Day 5; Perseverance
Hebrew 6:12 That you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
It's so easy for life to become tired and routine. I know for my life right now, it's been hard to come before the Lord in the morning with joy. I am a person who adapts to any situation or place very quickly and easily. We are very comfortable at home and are able to do whatever we please. Same goes for being here in Guatemala. I've accepted that this will be home for now and have made myself comfortable. Even though each day may be different, there is still a schedule and plan to follow.  I so easily get caught up in just checking the next thing off the list so I can do my own thing. This is something that has really been pressed upon on my heart to change; to be uncomfortable being comfortable. We have it so easy at home to freely read our Bible and whatever goes on in our day. Living here, I've really had to make an effort to wake up early and spend quality time with the Lord. His mercies are new every morning and so is His word. We should look to those around us to encourage and inspire us to keep charging.
Application: Express this to someone and pray for an exciting devotion life for each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog