Week 3 Day 1
Luke 8:11-15 Now the parable is this; The seed is the word of God. Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes an takes away the word our of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. BU the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe fro a while and in time of temptation fall away. Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience."
Reading this verse, I honestly had no idea how this related to perseverance. But as I began to read, and re-read, and read again, I saw different parts of my life in each example. The seed that fell by the wayside was my 9 year old self. I had believed because my family went to church, but the seed of doubt had  deeper root in my heart. The seed on the rock was my 12 year old self. I accepted the Lord and began reading His word, but it was all selfish pride. I began to fall away when there was a more plentiful harvest in the world than in my life. The seed among the thorns was my 15 year old self who lived a double life. I went to church but had no application or fruit in my life. I was one person by day and another by night. Eventually, and by the grace of God, I was broken beyond anything I could imagine. I was pulled out from every situation I could get caught in; all ties that lead me to death were cut. The seed that had been through destruction and despair is now one that bears fruit. I had to be taken through the desert, the valley, and mountain-top experiences; but it was all worth it to finally be planted on the good soil. To me, perseverance is to know your goal and run after it. Nothing can stop you. I don't relate to perseverance. I don't think my life is a story of perseverance, but more of seasons that have come and gone. Being in Ignite these last four weeks has instilled more of an attitude of perseverance than i have ever witnessed in my own life. Every hour, day and week, is dependent on Jesus.
Application: Today I will write one way I struggle in my walk with the Lord and how I will grow in that area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog