Week 2: Day 2

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. For me the fear of the Lord has always sounded like a scary thing. Like the only way to wisdom was to bow before the Lord in fear and pray He wouldn't release His wrath upon you. Of course, knowing the power of the Lord would surely mean I was wise. But as I grew to know the Lord more, I began to understand His heart. He isn't a God who wants to release judgement upon us (although we know one day it will come). The fear of the Lord is something much sweeter. It's a relationship. As I began to walk in a relationship with the Lord, I began to be more like Him. I understood more of His character and love. We want to do what He calls us to do because we love Him and understand He is a good and just God. Not because we're afraid of what might happen if we don't. So, as we begin to walk with Jesus, we become more like HIm, resulting in everlasting life. That is what fear means in wisdom.

Application: Today I will write one way I saw wisdom in the Lord's command.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog