Week 8

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.


As I woke up, one of my first thoughts was of complaining and pleading to the Lord. In my doubt I expected another day of frustration in class. For my students to mock me and not listen or desire to be there. I have a student very precious to my heart. She comes in everyday 30 minutes early to help set up the class and play. Normally every conversation starts with ‘good morning’ and ‘how are you’? Most times I just expect “good” as an answer. How broken I am when I hear that the morning was not good. That they had to come to class with a busted lip. Floored. I can recall my young years in going through that hardship. It effects much more than the physical but scars the heart. In these times it’s hard to see how God actually cares and loves for us. But I remember specific times when God was made real to me. In was in the moments I felt held. When someone showed they loved and stretched out their arms to me. In the moment I was able to embrace the child, I was moved by the image of Christ’s outstretched arms for me. And I know the victory that came after the death of the flesh. He his still offering that to everyone. He is looking for those to be His hands and feet, to offer this embrace and victory to all the nations. When God’s hand is stretched out among us, there is freedom from bondage. God will be glorified in these hard circumstances.


Application: I will write a love-letter from God to each student in my class and pray for them each day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog