Week 12 Day 4; Teachable
2 Timothy 2:2 "And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, comit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also."
Here we see teaching from another perspective. The teacher. As humans, we all learn from a young age. We learn about our family, environment, and language. And as we grow, our knowledge only increases. Today we finished our book "The Knowledge of the Holy", by A.W. Tozer. This book is full of the attributes of God,  but it also expounds upon them. Countless times I was left in awe or in a headache. This just goes to prove how great our God is and all this time whom I mistook Him to be. There is so much more to learn about God than I thought and could never learn until I see Him in glory. But with what He has shown us we are responsible for. Jesus tells us to share the gospel and to raise up leaders.  I think of our teachers over the past three months and where they started. Almost all were once IGNITE students at one point. But wisdom had to start somewhere; with The Teacher. And from there, Christ's disciples. In some way we are all called to be teachers, but before that we need to learn from someone else. Training has been nothing short of constant learning. In class, in the kitchen, from a fellow intern, or even servant time. We are always learning, and as we head home and into field time we will continue to learn but also to teach what we have learned.
Application: I will share with three young girls from my youth group at home about what the Lord has taught me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog