Week 12 Day 3; Teachable
Proverbs 9:9 "Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning."
At first reading this verse realy confused me; and to be honest, it still kinda does. But after giving it some time to  meditate on it and pray, I think I've somewhat come to a conclusion of what it might mean to me. From my understanding, I see there is always room for growth. This is very encouraging to me, because sometimes I don't always have a full  understanding (kinda like this verse). Pastor Mike always says "You dont have to be the smartest man in the room; just look for who is." I can be content in learning still and have the full confidence that one day will grow from this time of teaching. I need to allow myself to have courage in making mistakes, which I'm sure will be many. They say you learn something new everyday; it depends if you allow everyday to be a lesson or not. Just like this verse, we have the opportunity to choose to grow. I pray I wake every morning with this mentaitly.
Application: Continue to ask questions about things I don't fully understand. I will also ask my  roomates what they got from this verse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog