Week 8 Day 2; Servanthood
Luke 17:7-10 "And which of you, having a servant plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, 'Come at once and sit down to eat'? But will he not rather say to him, 'Prepare something for my supper, and gird yourself and serve me till I have eaten and drunk, afterward you will eat and drink'? Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not. So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, 'We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do."
It's so easy to look down upon your authority when it doesn't seem like they appreciate you. Are they wrong to not praise your work? After all, you most likely went looking for them instead of the way. We have done what our duty was to do, but as humans, we need assurance. It's so encouraging to look upon staff who jump in to help whenever they can, knowing they already have a lot on their plate. They have walked through the same things we are going through andd want to encourage us. To me, a leader is someone who not only guides the way you should go, but also walk beside us to lift us up. Sometimes I wonder if I show my thankfulness for their hard work. do they get discouraged if their work goes unoticed or unappreicated too? I must always remember that everyone is going through something different, but there is always room for extra encouragement.
Application: This week I will pray with a staff member and let them know I do appreciate their time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog