Week 6 Day 3; Adaptability
Galatians 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
Jesus has set us free; it is for freedom we are set free. And where the Spirit is, there is liberty. Not only have we been set free, Jesus called us by name. He said 'follow me'. Being a disciple of Christ means to imitate Christ. Jesus told us the world will know we are HIs disciples by how we love one another. This sis the new commandment; that we love as CHrist loved. Jesus didn't love in order to make Himself greater than another (although He is King and Lord); He loved in humility. I know I mentioned this in anohter IBS, but the body plays a big role in this. When the body is seeking the Lord, social status shouldn't matter. Instead, we will be looking for opportunities to serve another like Jesus did. But 'one another' doesn't just go for the body, it applies to all that Jesus loves. And we know from John 3:16 that Jesus didn't come for one race or culture but for all; He loved all. It's hard to serve those we butt heads with often, but remember Jesus loves them just the same as He loves you. If I want that for myself,  why shouldn't I want that for another?
Application: Every time a thought comes across my mind against serving someone, I will remind myself that Jesus loves them too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog