Week 5 Day 4; Obedience
Ephesians 6:1 "Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right."
Colossians 3:20 "Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord."
I always thought I was the obedient child. Once my younge siblings entered the picture and cause havoc, I desired attention by being obedient. I always did was I was told without hesitataion. As I grew older, things began to change. There wasn't any real authority in our household and so I did whatever pleased my flesh. I was still obedient and respectful to an adult's face, but behind their backs I lived a life obedient to myself. Even though my parents never corrected me in my ways,  I knew the difference between right and wrong. I knew the consquences agasint my Heavenly Father. I had to come to a point in my life of exhaustion from my own ways. I became sick of my own selfishness. It wasn't until the Lord broke me in multiple ways, that I truly found joy in doing what was right. Not only in the sight of those above me, but to my Heavenly Father. Though I still fail, I desire to please Him in all I do.
Application: Pray for the Lord to show me what ways I need to be obedient to Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog