Week 4 Day 5; Contentment
Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness
We can never satisfy God, in of ourselves. That's why we needed Jesus to take God's wrath upon Himself on the cross. Without Jesus, we could never partake in righteousness. It doesn't belong to us; it is given. I often times find myself forsakeing this gift and trying to find righteousness on my own. Why is it so hard to accept what the Lord freely gives? All HIs gifts are good, yet we are never content with what we have. Though sometimes, I believe it is better to be discontent when you are pursuiing God. We should never get to a point where we think we can't g any deeper. We should faithfully run after HIs righteousness every morning. He is an all creative God and will never become boring. Therefore, following Jesus will always be fresh and exciting. Wednesday I found out my field location, where I will be serving for the next 6 months. I have no idea what these next months will look like but I know as long as I'm pursuing the Lord it will by no means be a bore. Our God is a big God. At this moment there are interns serving in four different continents and twenty-nine from my class who will replace these interns. I know, that I know - that I know, we will all each come back and all have a testimony of God's faithfullness. And all we have to do is wake up, and say yes.
Application: Today on the mount I will pray for contentment for my team and I.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog