Week 4 Day 1; Contentment
"Now godliness  with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content."-1 Timothy 6:6-8
Humility is simplicity. Jesus was a simple man. During His minitsry He had no home, sometimes money, or food. Jesus was humble; He didn't covet material things. He wanted people to know Him the way He knew the Father. So often times, I find myself coveting my brothers and sisters in Christ. I see the strong family connections and the godly parents who lead their children in truth. All of my life I have longed for my parents to know the Lord, that we might finally have true relationships. This verse in convicting for me because I need to be content with the life the Lord has given to me today. I know God has a plan for my life. I know He desires relationship. I know the Lord desires for my parents to know Him, but it has to be in His own timing. We come into this world alone and we leave alone. I can't even try to carry my parents to salvation. I need to be content in today and trust in Him to bring my desires to pass. Our hearts have a wide range wants and sometimes even things we don't want. It's hard to be satisifed with the things we don't have and even harder to be satisified with the things we do have.
Application: Today I will write three ways I am content and three desires I hope to be content with

Comments

Popular posts from this blog