Week 20
Psalm 46:5 “God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.”

In context it sounds like the world is raging against itself. The earth is literally falling apart. Sometimes it can feel the same in our lives; like everything is slipping out of our hands and causing worry. But my mind always brings me back to the sovereign will of God. “He is in the midst.” Of what? His church, in us, in plans, in the future, the past. I think about all the things that move me and it’s usually when I’m full of self that I become moved. But if I claim that God is in me, why should I be moved? I can’t stop the earth from shaking, I can’t make plans come back together. He is faithfully breaking my desires in preparation for His will towards my salvation. When it seems like nothing is going in the way I think it should, I truly just remember that it is for His goodness. He won’t leave us deserted with no direction; He is clearly leading us using rest stops, backroads, and even slow lanes all to the destination which is Himself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog