Week 3

1 Peter 2:2-3 “as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow
up to salvation”



This week has been such a sweet time with the Lord. Last week during a nightly meeting, we were discussing what the Lord has been speaking to us. Someone mentioned the children of Israel when they were wandering through the wilderness. We all know how the Lord provided fresh mana for them each day. Eventually they only became grateful when the season was favorable. God has been faithful to show me something new every morning. My wandering heart sometimes grows ungrateful of this, just like the children of Israel. Each day Jesus has proven Himself more precious to me, but throughout the day I can lose of that. There’s a quote by C.S. Lewis that states “Relying on God has to begin all over again everyday as if nothing had yet been done.” That is what a lot of this week has looked like for me. I’m in a position where I can only rely on what God wants to speak to me everyday. In life I won’t and shouldn’t always allow myself to be fed through someone else’s life. From experience, that’s not a very stable life. Jesus has to become more precious and valued to me everyday. I am learning to appreciate the blood of Christ, while building my house upon solid ground. I won’t be a house that is easily moved by the world. Instead I am learning to desire the words of the Lord to make them more precious to me. 



Application: This week in my devotions, I will write down everyday how Jesus became more precious to me through His word.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog