Week 12 Day 2; Teachable
Luke 2:46 "Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions."
Many times I have listened to a message and just take it as it was. I go home impacted for a day then forget all about which I had learned. All of my life I have been a person who wanted to be the best in class. I was a straight "A" student with the highest scores in class. I was usually put in with the bad class because teachers thought that having a student to help another would be more beneficial. I dont know if that helped. But anytime it came around to questions I was always the one answering them. I was a "teachers pet" and always wanted to impress them and my fellow students with my knowledge. And when I was puzzled or had questions of my own, I answered them myself. I didn' t want anyone to know if I was struggling with a math assignment we had, so I took it upon myself to figure it out. I have always been a person who answers her own questions, considering for the first part of my life my parents were absent. I was left to care for myself and at one point, my younger brother. So needless to say, all of my life I have been a pretty independant person. I struggle with asking questions. I know some part is pride, but I know what my mind is capable of.  It's much easier to answer my own questions than to ask a question that has been repeated five times in class. Don't people listen? This is my downfall. In this verse we are told that a young Jesus was found listening AND asking questions. So often God has spoken to me and I don't bother to ask. I would much rather entertain my own thoughts and will. How much easier it would be to ask for the answer, which God is willing to give (James 1:6) , if I would just humble myself and do so. Lord, rid me of myself.
Application: After every devotion or message, I will set time aside and practice asking questions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog