Week 12 Day 1; Teachable
Mark 4:10-11 "But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. And He said to them, "To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables".
Jesus has just explained the parable of the sower. We know from the text what Jesus was teaching to the crowds, but I think of the disciples who had walked with Jesus yet did not understand. Why is that? I do not know. But Jesus shares here why some did not understand. Basically He says that those who know Him will understand but those who dont will not comprehend. Now I now that sometimes we can not understand what God means until He reveals it to us. Some things are not for us to know. But I believe that if God speaks specificaly to you, He wants you to understand. He desired fo you to assk Him questions, because that builds relationships. And the more you know Him, the more youo will understand His character. I think of how Austin follows in Pastor Mike's footsteps. They know each other from relationship, so they are able to determine their characteristics and gain knowledge of how to lead. This is how Jesus wants us to be; He wants us to observe, ask questions, and to act as He acts.
Application: God has asked be to abide, but I'm not completely sure how. I will ask and pray to God to open my eyes, and then ask a leader about

Comments

Popular posts from this blog