Week 11 Day 4; Discipline
2 Samuel 11:11-13 "And Uriah said to David, "The ark and Israel and Judah are dwelling in tents, and my lord Joab and the servants of my lord are encamped in the open fields. Shall I then go to my house to eat and drink, and to lie with my wife? As you live, and as your soul lives, I will not do this thing." Then David said to Uriah, "Wait here today also, and tomorrow I will let you depart." So Uriah remained in Jerusalem that day and the next. Now when David called him, he ate and drank before him: and he made him drunk. And at evening he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but he did not go down to his house."
In this story we can look at two types of people. The amn who is discipled and one who is not. David could not withhold his sexual desire and now he was in a sticky situation. He made out schemes to decieve Uriah for the mistake he had made. Uriah on the other hand, had just returned from war. Even though he was not currently in the battle, he was still loyal to his men and his mission. This is a great example and encouragement of the temptaions will look like when we arrive home for a little while. We have the choice to be on either side of the line. Who do I want to resemble? A man who is unfaithful, decieving, and living in the flesh? Or a man who is loyal, willing, and knows his calling? These past three months have prepared us to fight agaisn't the evil we were once exposed to. I'm ready to put on the belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness, shoes of peace, shield of faith, and the helmet of salvation. The battle is aways raging on; Lord be my strength and sustinace everyday.
Application: I will be in touch will my team when we head home to pray with and ask for prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog