Week 7 Day 4; Adaptability
Romans 15:1 We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
It's so easy to get caught up in what we do others. We can so easily allow our pride to tower over service. I am a wicked person; there is nothing I can boast of. I can't save lives, I can't take care of others, I can't truly love someone with my whole heart. So, why do I allow myself to think that my service to another is essential? God freely gives us His power, love, and strength; but it came at a cost. The cross. Only in the cross can we boast in what Jesus did. If we learn to surrender our free will to Him, He will in turn use us by His power, love and strength. Then we can boast in what He did through our services. It's hard to kill off pride when I'm excited to work for another, but I need to learn to humble myself and allow God to continue to break my heart for others. After all, Jesus did bear our burdens, not for Himself but for the world.
Application: Continue to pray for brokenness that my pride may wither and love grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog