Week 11 Day 3; Discipline
Mark 1:35 "now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed."

Lately, I haven't been rising as early as I used to. The alarm goes off and I snooze for another twenty minutes.  Recently I have felt a greater need to rely on God's word in the morning. I don't want to end up back in a place before when I was comfortable to not seek the Lord. Now that I know the truth in which I have discovered, I never want to fall back into complacency. If I'm to imitate Jesus, I want to seek after God like He did. He went to a quite place. I have found when I listen to worship in the morning, although it's praises to the Lord, I can't hear His word. It was in the quite when Jesus prayed and sought what God wanted to say. I'm sure Jesus was a tired man, ministry isn't always easy. But it was in the morning when He gained His strength for the day.

Application: For the rest of the week I will get up an hour earlier than I usually do to pray.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog