Week 11 Day 2; Discipline
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 " Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when i have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified."
I have refernced my experience with running for the past couple weeks. I remember the first time we began to run, we shared our heart and our vision for what this time would be for one another. We told each other that running would not be an outlet to change our figures or a competetion agaisnt each other. This set the pace for us to build frienships through something that was quite difficult for all of us. It was beautiful that no girl who came to join us ever wanted to compete or condemn themselves for the progress that was made. Instead, it increasses our reliance on God and deepend our understanding in devotions. After all, the Word is what will stand in the end. Running has just been a discipline tool in my life that I have been able to use ij the life of others.
Application: Today I will ask another girl to come run with our group.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog