Week 5 Day 3; Obedience
Romans 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you ae that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death or of obedience leading to righteousness?
"Choose this day whom you will serve", Joshua 24:15. Before coming to Christ I was living for myself everyday. I didn't realize that you can only serve two masters; God or Satan. Living for myself was essentially living for the devil himself. I lived in ignorance of who I was following. There was an evident stronghold on my life. I was captive to sin; a slave. When I ran to freedom, it seemed there were more temptations and struggles. I knew in this time there was such a thing as spiritual warfare. This had proved to me God was real and so were the experiences. It's a scary thing to be in midst of, but I believe God was walking me through it to test my obedience to Him. Everyday I had a choice to make. To give in or fight. I so badly wanted all that Jesus sad He would offer me; freedom and peace. At first this walk was hard to keep moving forward, but as I began growing closer to the Lord the battles were easier to fight. Each day wass easier to chose whom I desired to follow. This doesn't mean I was constantly walking in obedience. No, but just getting back up everytime I fell down was enough to be obedient. It was and still is a learning process, but as we continue in our walk we will be trained in circumstances of how to obey.
Application: Today I will write three ways the Lord set me free from my life of death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog