Week 3 Day 3
Colossians 1:11- strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and long suffering with joy

What a powerful verse relating to perseverance. If we're all saved, I'm pretty sure by now we know we can't do anything in our strength. We've either tried and failed miserably or succeed even more miserably. We use God only when we know we can't finish the work in our own strength. But His word tells us we are 'strengthened with all might, according to His power'. The spirit is so willing to share His power with us if we would just ask. I know in my own life, it's always my own flesh unwilling to ask for help. I am the only one holding myself back from experiencing the full glory of his power. This is especially true during seasons of suffering. In my sufferings, I  have developed a habit of sitting through the rain and waiting for the storm to pass. I don't seek the Lord whole-heartily, instead I just ask what He's doing in hopes of understanding He's strengthening me for another season. I think a lot of perseverance also has to do with perspective. If your perspective is always negative, the outcome will most likely always return negativity. But imagine if I had an attitude of gratitude during those tough times. How different would my heart be in those trials. They say if you're not in the storm it's because God is preparing you for one. The calm before the storm. I can agree with that. In this moment I don't feel I'm in the mist of a storm, but instead walking with God on the shore. I truly do believe that God is preparing us all for a storm yet to blow in. But in his glorious strength, we won't have to fight in our own strength and fail. We will have victory.

Application: Pray with someone that God would prepare our hearts for joy in suffering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog