Week 2; Day 1

James 3:13-17 "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy."

James gives us a clear understanding of what wisdom is and isn't and apparently I had the wrong idea of what it meant. I thought by not living the way some of my worldly friends live is wise. That always having something intelligent to say after someone vents to me made me wise. The Bible says that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. My wisdom was my own and worldly, even if it was really good advice. I pretend to have full knowledge of wisdom to deceive people into believing my life was together, when in reality, it was falling apart. Looking back now, I see how the Lord has walked me through that season of self-wisdom to show me I know nothing about true wisdom of the Lord.

Application: Today I will write down one way I was self-seeking and one way the Lord reveal his wisdom through it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog