Week 1;Day 5

"And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus Son of David, have mercy on me!" Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be called. Then they called the blind man, saying to him ,"Be of good cheer. Rise, He is calling you."

He is calling. This verse reminded me of the darkness I lived before coming to Christ. This man was blind, but he called out to Jesus and He heard his cry. When we came to Christ, there were probably people around us who doubted our faith, or told us God wasn't real. But Jesus heard the call and he answered the blind man. Later we see the man had faith in Jesus' healing and he was healed. Lately I feel the Lord has been distant from me. Everyday I have cried out for Him to reveal Himself to me but I only received  silence. This outcry was consistent. I really did want to know him more. He did reveal himself to me and told me He wasn't the one being distant; I was. He was always there, but I just wasn't searching in the right place. Jesus had to call me out to a place where I could finally hear him. I once was blind, but know i see.

Application: I will step out of comfort zones to allow the Lord to be near to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog