Week 1; Day 4
Luke 8:22-25 "Now it happened, on a certain day, that He got into a boat with His disciples. And He said to them, "Let us cross over to the other side of the lake." And they launched out. But as they sailed He fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water, and were in jeopardy. And they came to Him and woke Him, saying, "Master, Master, we are perishing!" Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm. But He said to them, "Where is your faith?" And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, "Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!"

This verse brings me comfort. Immediately Jesus said, "Let us cross". There are arfimity in His words. It was only when Jesus fell asleep that the storm came and i cant help but feel convicted of this in my own life. When I stop fellowship with My Lord, I focus my eyes on the waves and i begin to perish. I cry out and immediately The Lord calms my storm. Notice the disciples were with Jesus, but they didn't believe they would cross the lake. Its so easy to claim that we wouldn't do the same but so often we do. We forget God is all powerful and believe he wont pull through. The Lord fell asleep, hinting he had no doubt they would cross to the other side. Jesus calls them out on their faithlessness and the disciples were filled with both fear and marvel. I would be afraid too if the lord rebuked my faithlessness. And he does. So where is my Faith when I'm crossing the lake? I want to be in the presence of my Lord during the storm because He trusts we will make it to the other side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog