Week 12 Day 5; Teachable
Proverbs 12:1 "Whoever loves instruction loves kowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid."
I never want to stop knowing the character of God. Everyday I want to wake up in awe of Him because I know who He is. Sometimes I will wake up with this attitude, but that can quickly change when I allow to let people's actions or attitude affect mine. I remember first coming into IGNITE and accepting instruction with actions but not in my heart. Before coming, I prayed for paitence. That was a mistake! Surely God would give it to me, and I hated it! Eventually I began to see a pattern in the process of gaining this paitence. It came through people. In Warren Weirsbe's book "On Being a Servant of God", he said this truth, "People are the hardest ministry but they are also the most rewarding". Isn't that the truth! If I want to fully know God's supernatural paitence with me, I must learn to be paitent with others and vise versa. Through people God has corrected me and brought things to surface. He did His part, now it's my turn to either accept it or turn it down. I want to be open to His will, and I must remember that I can not pick and choose the things that I like. I must accept this lesson in full. The process has surely been a hard one, but looking back I can see His faithfullness to answer the prayer of a difficult heart. Lord help me to always be willing to your instruction!
Application: In my notebook I will write down each lesson I have learned in the process of paitence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog