Week 5 Day 1; Obedience
Hebrews 5:8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered
Some call it tough luck, but we know it as tough love. Growing up,  was a pretty respectful child. I never gave my parents any problems, but if I'm honest, I just wanted to be the good kid. I wanted to feel loved and accepted; that I was worthy enough to not suffer the things I went through. I tried to be obedient to authorities over me, but it was a mask. My heart was corrupt and wanted to run wild. I was sneaking out at night and doing things that weren't glorfing to my authorities. I lived a double-sided life and it was exhausting. Every year it feels like the Lord has given me a word to live by, and last year it was obedience. Every message i heard at church the Lord just spoke obedience. I couldn't understand what I needed to yeild to if I was already being respectful. I learned obedience wasn't just listening to what I was told, it was changing my heart to the bitterness I held onto as a child. I had to lay down my repuatation and be real with people. It's a scary thing to admit your past, weaknesses and pain, but once I did, I knew I was obeying the Lord. Obedience has still been a struggle. I still tend to just do what I'm told without refusing, but my heart is still learning to be obedient.
Application: I think it was Keith Wheeler who said this, "Do everything for the Lord. Serve others as if you were serving Jesus". This has been a good reminder for me, and I want to serve this week like I would Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog